At this time of year, a pool may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s actually the perfect time to plan ahead. Landscaping and pool installation schedules often fill up fast, so you want to get your pool order in before the rush. Have you been thinking about the benefits of a pool on your property? Then keep reading on why you should order your pool job in winter!
Why is it a good idea to put in your order for a pool now?
Many landscaping or pool companies have extensive lead times for pool installation, so if you want to be swimming next summer, contact them during the off season. Before making the call, you’ll want to do your research. Get a few different bids and ask questions about their process to make sure you’re getting a quality pool from a reputable company. If you’ve found a company that matches your budget and needs, go ahead and put in your order today. Your summer self will thank you!
There are a lot of different options when it comes to pools, so you’ll want to do research.
Before you start calling for bids, it helps to have an idea of what you want. With so many different options on the market, it can be tough to know where to start. Here are a few things to think about as you begin your research.
- Consider what shape of pool you want. Custom, inground pools allow for a wide variety of options to make the most out of your space.
- Think about how you’ll use your pool. If you have young children, you may want to consider a shallow wading pool or a slide as an accessory. If you’re looking to swim laps, a rectangle-shaped pool is probably your best bet. And if you’re simply looking for a place to relax, consider adding a spa or hot tub to the job as well.
- Don’t forget to factor in maintenance when making your decision. The type of pool water you choose may require more upkeep and products. Whichever type of pool you choose, be sure to do your research and select a reputable contractor—this will ensure that your pool provides years of enjoyment.
How long will the installation process take?
Another benefit to booking ahead: the design and prep stage can be taken care of during off season. Depending on how much back and forth you have with your landscapers, finalizing the design can take 2 weeks to a month. There are many permits to acquire before breaking ground, and it typically takes 1 to 3 months to get them. Then the final phase, construction, can last 1 to 6 months depending on how in-depth your project is and the weather.
Tips for taking care of your pool once it’s installed.
Congratulations on your new pool! A pool is a great way to enjoy the summer months, but it does require some maintenance. Here are a few tips to help you take care of your pool after it’s completed:
- Test the water regularly and add chemicals as needed to maintain the proper pH balance. This will help to prevent algae growth and keep the water clean.
- Check the filters and skimmers monthly to make sure they are clean and in good working order.
- Replace dirty or damaged filters to help improve circulation and prevent clogs.
Installing a pool in your backyard can be a great way to enjoy the summer for years and years to come. By ordering a pool job in winter, you can assure you’ll have one to enjoy most of your next summer. Outdoor Innovations specializes in pool installation from the design to construction process, and we’ve been serving the Twin Cities since 2007. Give us a call to get an estimate!